Friday, September 3, 2010

Loss.

It's always hard to find out someone you cared about has passed away. People around you just don't know how to console you, and chances are they can't anyways. That is why I try to save my "I'm sorry for your loss", and tuck it far far away where it will never be heard.

Sometimes being a shoulder, and holding someone that is mourning is the best thing you could do for them. How many times do you think that person you are consoling has heard "I'm sorry for your loss" in the days following a tragic event? I've experienced loss, and after the 5th time hearing it, I don't even want to be around people anymore.

Today, the world has lost an amazing person. He was going to shortboard to edmonton in support of cancer research. He leaves behind a family and many many friends. I can only imagine the pain they are going through. I never had the luck of meeting this amazing person, but so many of my friends have, and knew him well. I am hurting right now, because they are hurting. I am saddened, and crying, because my hearts aches for their loss.

If you are mourning right now, I won't say I'm sorry, but I will be a shoulder. I'm here for you if you need an ear, and most importantly I am sharing in your pain.

Rest In Peace Curtis Marshall. Your life has brought hope to many, and your death has sent ripples through this town.

1 comment: